Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Web MD. Use Garlic Mash in soups, stews, egg dishes, or pizza. Spread on baguette slices for garlic bruschetta, and on grilled chicken or roasted meats.
- 4 large garlic heads
- 3 cups olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary or 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Break the garlic heads into quarters with skins intact. Do Not Peel Cloves.
- Place quarters in a small ovenproof casserole dish. Pour olive oil over garlic to cover. Add herbs and pepper. Cover.
- Bake slowly for about 1 hour until the cloves are soft.
- Cool. Strain the garlic from the oil.
- Squeeze the garlic from the skins and mash. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.