Recipe by SusieQusie
These sweet-savory beans with 2 kinds of mustard and maple syrup are a dressed up _Sunday dinner_ version of one of my favorite sides, roasted green beans. Recipe adapted from Cook's Illustrated.
Top Review by Galley Wench
5 Bright Stars! Absolutely delicous! (Was about to post this when I found you beat me to it.) Made them according to the recipe and they were great. Next time think I'll roast a little longer . . . the larger beans were still a bit 'too snappy', but still great! Would also be wonderful with just carrots! Thanks Susie!
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 lb fresh green beans, stems snapped off
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Combine the maple syrup, mustards and cayenne in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place green beans and carrots on baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and toss with hands to coat evenly. Sprinkle with salt, toss to coat. Distribute in an even layer.
- Roast for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Drizzle with syrup/mustard mixture and using tongs, toss to coat evenly.
- Return to oven and continue roasting until beans and carrots are dark golden brown in spots and beans are beginning to shrivel, 10-12 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven, season with a little more salt to taste. Transfer to serving dish and garnish with parsley.