Recipe by UmmBinat
ZWT7, Italy. May use cream instead of mascarpone but that is distinctly Italian. From http://www.macnuts.com.au.
Top Review by I'mPat
Delicious with a big D, I scaled it back to 3 serves and my peaches were large but at the peak of the season. I couldn't get amaretti biscuits so was going to use shortbread and mix a little coconut in them but the DH ate them unknown to me so crumbed some plain biscuits but then discovered no coconut so went with it. Served with some mascarpone and I think we all went to heaven. Just sorry our stone fruit season is so short and will be unable to enjoy this more. Thank you UmmBinat, made for Make My Recipe - Edition 10.
- 165 g demerara sugar
- 80 g raw macadamias, roasted and finely chopped
- 80 g cold butter, finely chopped
- 8 ripe peaches, halved and stone-free
- 80 g amaretti, crumbed
- mascarpone or cream, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and macadamia nuts in a bowl, add butter, and, using fingertips, rub in butter until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs then cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Fill each peach cavity with about one tablespoon of butter mixture and top with crumbled amaretti biscuits.
- Place peaches in a greased baking dish, roast at 180C for 15-20 minutes or until peaches are just tender.
- To serve, spoon peaches and cooking juices into 8 bowls and serve with mascarpone.