Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
wonderful romantic dinner from cooking light
For the Sauce
- 3.69 ml dry mustard
- 2.46 ml water
- 44.37 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 14.79 ml plum sauce
- 14.79 ml dry sherry
- 3.69 ml minced peeled fresh ginger
For the Lobster
- 2 (453.59 g) frozen lobster tails, thawed
- cooking spray
- 4.92 ml vegetable oil
- 1.23 ml dark sesame oil
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- sliced green onion (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- FOR THE SAUCE: Combine mustard and water in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Stir in soy sauce, plum sauce, sherry, and ginger; set aside.
- FOR THE LOBSTER: Make a lengthwise cut through the top of each lobster shell using kitchen shears, cutting to, but not through, lobster meat; press shell open.
- Place the lobster tails, cut sides up, in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
- Combine the oils and pepper, and spoon over the lobster meat.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 13 minutes or until the lobster meat turns opaque.
- Serve lobster with sauce, and garnish with onions, if desired.
Delicious...I've only ever steamed or boiled lobster so this was a new method for me. My lobsters tails were a bit larger, about 9 ounces, and so they took longer to cook, but they took an extra 20 minutes! I served them with steamed rice and a spinach salad. My husband ate his as if it was tempura....he dipped his lobster bites into the sauce, dabbed on his rice and then ate his sauce-soaked rice in-between lobster bites. He said he prefers this way of cooking lobster so I'll be doing this again as I loved it as well. Thanks Chia...great recipe :)