1/2 Photos of Roasted Lime and Onion Chicken
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Needed a new way to season my chicken tonight and this was awesome. Hope you like it as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring chicken to room temperature.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Cut onion into quarters, and lime in half. Squeeze juice into small container and reserve. Add olive oil to juice and mix well.
- 4Wash chicken well with cool water and pat dry.
- 5Place chicken into roasting pan with a rack to keep chicken from resting directly on bottom of roaster.
- 6Season inside of chicken liberally with salt and pepper.
- 7Stuff interior of chicken with alternating onion quarters and lime halves.
- 8Season outside of chicken with salt and pepper liberally as well.
- 9Truss chicken and fold wings under bird for even cooking.
- 10Coat chicken with olive oil and lime juice mixture with basting brush.
- 11Place chicken in preheated oven and baste every 30 minutes with mixture.
- 12Cook for 15 minutes per lb. of meat, or until juices run clear in thickest part of bird. A 6 lb. chicken should take 1 1/2 hours.
- 13Pull chicken out of oven and let rest for 10 minutes under aluminum foil.
- 14Eat! Enjoy! Repeat!
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Lime and Onion Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1550.6
- Calories from Fat 1032
- Total Fat 114.7 g
- Saturated Fat 31.8 g
- Cholesterol 497.1 mg
- Sodium 465.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 117.2 g