Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Needed a new way to season my chicken tonight and this was awesome. Hope you like it as well.
- 6 lbs roasting chickens
- 1 lime, halved and juiced (reserve juice)
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Bring chicken to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut onion into quarters, and lime in half. Squeeze juice into small container and reserve. Add olive oil to juice and mix well.
- Wash chicken well with cool water and pat dry.
- Place chicken into roasting pan with a rack to keep chicken from resting directly on bottom of roaster.
- Season inside of chicken liberally with salt and pepper.
- Stuff interior of chicken with alternating onion quarters and lime halves.
- Season outside of chicken with salt and pepper liberally as well.
- Truss chicken and fold wings under bird for even cooking.
- Coat chicken with olive oil and lime juice mixture with basting brush.
- Place chicken in preheated oven and baste every 30 minutes with mixture.
- Cook for 15 minutes per lb. of meat, or until juices run clear in thickest part of bird. A 6 lb. chicken should take 1 1/2 hours.
- Pull chicken out of oven and let rest for 10 minutes under aluminum foil.
- Eat! Enjoy! Repeat!