1/2 Photos of Roasted Lemon- Zest Zucchini With Pine Nuts
This was my first experience with roasting zucchini, and I loved it! After tossing the zucchini, oil, etc., I didn't roast it right away, I let it sit for about 30-45 minutes to marinate in the flavors (tossing occasionally). If you are watching calories, there is certainly room to reduce the oil. You could easily omit the oil that is used when toasting the pine nuts, and the oil tossed with the zucchini prior to roasting could possibly also be reduced. The recipe is adapted from the Food Network Kitchens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Toss pine nuts with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and spread out on a sheet pan; toast the nuts in the oven, shaking the pan about half-way through, about 7 minutes, or until evenly brown.
- 3Transfer to a serving bowl; reserve baking sheet.
- 4Toss the zucchini with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper (I let marinate at this point); spread out on the baking sheet and roast until crisp tender and slightly brown, about 10-12 minutes (I tossed it and shook it around about half-way through).
- 5Toss zucchini and lemon with the nuts.
- 6NOTE: The original recipe called for 6 ounces of fresh ricotta, scattered in dollops on top right before serving. I omitted this.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Lemon- Zest Zucchini With Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.6
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 227.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g