Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is an easy-to-make side dish with with Greek flavors, and is a favorite of ours.
Make and share this Roasted Lemon Potatoes With Artichokes recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise into sixths
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 566.99 g frozen artichoke hearts, thawed (2 10-oz. packages)
- 2 grated lemons, zest of
- 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees. Lightly oil a large, rimmed baking sheet or shallow baking pan.
- Toss the potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large bowl. Spread on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the potatoes with a metal spatula and bake for 15 minutes more. Toss the artichokes with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and mix into the potatoes. Continue baking until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned, about 20 minutes more.
- Transfer the potatoes and artichokes to a large bowl. Sprinkle with the lemon zest, then the lemon juice and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Mix gently and serve hot in the bowl or on a platter.
These were so tasty! I cup up the potatoes like french fries and my DD's gobbled them up. ;) I didn't have any fresh parsley (it went bad), so I sprinkled a little dried parsley flakes over it all (maybe a teaspoon's worth). I love sour flavored food so this was really nice, like gourmet french fries! Thanks! Made for NZ/Aus Swap #18.
These are unbelievably good. I didn't peel my potatoes and used marinated artichokes as we can't get frozen in Aus. I cut back on the oil called for and used a little from the marinade instead when I added the artichokes. We ate these with Baked Crab Cakes. The crab cakes were quite sweet so these worked perfectly with them. I think I'll be making this dinner again soon thanks TasteTester.