Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great dish for those times when you are super pressed for time. It is really yummy, and tastes homemade, although it makes use of grocery store conveniences. It calls for 8 bought lamb kebabs, but Zaar would not accept that as a quantity.
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dash salt
- 1 lb potato, wedges (from the deli counter at the grocery store, preferably baked)
- 1⁄2 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 lb lamb stew meat (you can use 8 lamb souvlaki kebabs)
- fresh lemon (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix yogurt, olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, oregano and salt.
- Add potato wedges and Fennel. Mix to coat.
- Spread in a 9 x 13 pan.
- Place the lamb skewers on top. evenly space apart.
- Roast 25 minute Turn meat once and try to stir up unexposed vegetables.
- Move meat to one side and broil briefly to brown top.
- Serve garnished with fresh Lemon.