1 hr 30 mins
In My Tummy!'s Note:
I made this one night and my friends just died! So we made it a weekly tradition for awhile, and never got tired of it! This is a great meal to serve for a dinner party, inexpensive, and is incredibly simple! And the leftovers are divine!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove all the extras inside the chicken. Coat the chicken in salt and pepper and set aside. Preheat oven to 450°F, and put a large pot of water on to boil.
- 2Slice the potatoes in 1-inch hunks (like the size of a golf ball) and peel all the garlic.
- 3Toss the potatoes, garlic and the whole lemon into the boiling water. Reduce heat slightly, and cook for about 12 minutes.
- 4Drain out all the water, and then stuff the inside of the chicken with the garlic, fresh thyme sprigs and the lemon. Once the lemon is inside the chicken, stab it a few times with a fork. Be careful, the lemon juice will be very HOT! With the lemon inside the chicken it will make it nice and flavorful and sort of steam it from the inside.
- 5Coat the bottom of a roasting pan with olive oil and place the chicken (and the extras if you wish) in the pan. Cook for 45 minutes.
- 6Remove from the oven, and place the chicken on a plate for a moment. Toss the potatoes and fresh rosemary in the juices in the roasting pan. Place chicken back in the pan and cook for another 45 minutes.
- 7After the chicken is done, let it sit for a few minutes. Carve and enjoy! Remember to serve up some of the roasted garlic from the inside of it!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Lemon Garlic Chicken With Rosemary Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (488 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.0
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 80.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 23.4 g