Recipe by mommyof 3
This recipe is very easy to prepare.
Top Review by Susan D in Indianapolis, IN
I made this last night for supper club. I had two chickens, but only had 3 lemons, and 1 head of garlic, so I had to improvise. I used dried chopped garlic from penzey's inside one of the chickens instead of whole garlic cloves. Then, I put both chickens in my turkey roaster (covered) and put it in the oven at 450 for 20 minutes. I then lowered temp to 335 for an hour. Pulled off lid, Poured juice of one lemon and 3/4 chardonney over the top, then a couples pats of butter. cooked for another 15 minutes. Pulled chickens out of pan... leaving some yummy panjuices. So I sauted fennel and asparagus in the juices. AWESOME! What an incredible meal!
- 1 whole chicken (about 3 pounds)
- 1 head garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- chopped fresh parsley
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up 1 lemon into 8 pieces and rub the outside of the chicken with the peel side of the pieces and then put the lemon pieces into the chicken with the garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour a mixture of half of the olive oil and half of the butter on top and pour the rest inside of the chicken.
- Roast for 1 1/2 hours in a preheated oven of 325 degrees.
- Half and hour before chicken is done roasting pour the juice from the second freshly squeezed lemon over the top and sprinkle the chicken with the chopped parsley and return the chicken to the oven to finish roasting.