Recipe by gailanng
Cassic American lemon chicken, not too lemony, just right with garlic, butter, lemon, thyme and oregano.
Top Review by pammyowl
Yum, this was delicious! A very delicate lemon flavor, just perfect. I didn't have skin on chicken breasts, only skinless, so for the first half of baking I covered the breasts with foil, to prevent it drying out. Also, I only made two, but made the full amount of sauce. I omitted the thyme and red pepper flakes, personal preference. Thanks for sharing, GailAnn! Made for ABC tag game 2013
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 7 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skin-on chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 9x13" glass baking dish, whisk together oil, wine and lemon juice; stir in garlic, zest, oregano, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the red pepper flakes.
- Sprinkle chicken on both sides with the remaining salt and black pepper. Place breasts skin side up in the baking dish with the lemon wedges. Bake until chicken is done and skin is golden-brown (30-40 min.). Remove from oven; cover pan with foil 10 minute to rest. Spoon pan sauce onto a rimmed serving platter and set breasts on top.