Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This came from Savory Succulent Meat. I haven't tried this, just posting for safe keeping.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 medium lemon, halved
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Loosen skin around chicken breast, leg and thigh. Combine the seasonings; rub half under skin. Cut half of the lemon into quarters and place in the cavity along with rosemary sprigs. Skewer openings; tie drumsticks together with kitchen string.
- Place chicken breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Squeeze the remaining lemon over chicken;rub with remaining spice mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until chicken juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 180 (cover loosely with foil if browning too quickly). Cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Remove and discard skin, and discard lemon and herbs from cavity before carving.
I'm not a fan of whole chickens, but I'll make whatever makes my family happy...and they loved the flavor of this roasted chicken. It did make the whole house smell wonderful, though! Next time, I'll try use the chicken breasts, and cook the lemons and herbs around it.