Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Do not limit the use of the Chermoula to just this dish; also use it with chicken or pork This can also be cooked on the barbeque. Harissa is a Moroccan spice paste and you can probably find it in the Asian supermarkets Cooking time does not include marinating time
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless leg of lamb, approx
- 1 onion, chopped very finely
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon harissa
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Make the Chermoula by mixing the onion, garlic, parsley, coriander, cumin, turmeric, Harissa, lemon juice and olive oil, and leave to stand for an hour.
- Cut down into, but not through, the meat, open and flatten as much as possible.
- Spread the Chermoula onto the meat, roll it up, secure with skewers or tie with string If there is any Chermoula left over, spread it over the meat.
- Wrap the meat, leave to marinate, preferably for a day, in the fridge.
- Next day: remove the meat from the fridge at least one hour before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put the meat in a roasting tray, put in the oven and after 20 minutes lower the heat to 350F Roast 35 minutes per lb or longer.
- When the meat comes out of the oven, wrap it in aluminum foil, let it rest for 20 minutes, then carve in slices and serve.