2 hrs 25 mins
Do not limit the use of the Chermoula to just this dish; also use it with chicken or pork This can also be cooked on the barbeque. Harissa is a Moroccan spice paste and you can probably find it in the Asian supermarkets Cooking time does not include marinating time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2-2 lbs boneless leg of lamb, approx
- 1 onion, chopped very finely
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon harissa
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1Make the Chermoula by mixing the onion, garlic, parsley, coriander, cumin, turmeric, Harissa, lemon juice and olive oil, and leave to stand for an hour.
- 2Cut down into, but not through, the meat, open and flatten as much as possible.
- 3Spread the Chermoula onto the meat, roll it up, secure with skewers or tie with string If there is any Chermoula left over, spread it over the meat.
- 4Wrap the meat, leave to marinate, preferably for a day, in the fridge.
- 5Next day: remove the meat from the fridge at least one hour before cooking.
- 6Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 7Put the meat in a roasting tray, put in the oven and after 20 minutes lower the heat to 350F Roast 35 minutes per lb or longer.
- 8When the meat comes out of the oven, wrap it in aluminum foil, let it rest for 20 minutes, then carve in slices and serve.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Leg of Lamb with Chermoula
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.5
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 78.2 mg
- Sodium 66.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 20.7 g