Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I adapted this from: http://crepesofwrath.net/2013/02/08/carrot-potato-leek-soup/ Without a doubt this is the most delicious Leek and Potato soup I've ever had.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, skins left on
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- Heat oven to 400º F. Place all veggies on a large baking tray.
- Drizzle olive oil over all. Sprinkle spices over all. Toss the veggies to thoroughly coat with oil and seasonings.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until veggies are fork tender - this can be done early in the day.
- Place the roasted veggies in a large stock pot. I pop the garlic cloves out of their papery skins at this point. Cover with veggie broth. Using an immersion blender puree the vegetables. Add broth until your soup is the desired consistency. Heat through and serve.