Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 4 lamb loin chops, about 4 ozs each
- 1 tablespoon ground fennel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 32 cooked asparagus spears
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Thoroughly dust the lamb with the ground fennel seeds.
- Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof saute pan.
- When the pan is hot, sear the lamb on all sides until brown.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast for 8 to 10 minutes, until medium-rare to medium.
- Meanwhile, place the cabbage, vinegar, seeds and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cabbage is tender.
- Place the sauerkraut in a mound in the center of each serving plate.
- Arrange 8 spears of asparagus around the sauerkraut on each plate.
- Slice each lamb loin and arrange the slices on top of the asparagus around the sauerkraut, and serve immediately.