Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another recipe from Mom. These are good and easy to throw together.
- 5 -7 potatoes, washed and cut up into bite-size chunks (skin on)
- 1 package kielbasa, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour into a 9x13" baking pan.
- Cook in oven, covered with foil for approximately 1 hour.
- You can stir after 1/2 hour of cooking.
i just made this today and i thought it was great. i used unsalted butter instead fo oi, and i added a sliced onion and half of a sliced green pepper. i think next time i'll add more potatoes, i used red potatoes and they were on the small side. thanks for such an easy dish. i had everything chopped and put together by the time the oven was preheated. UPDATE i have made this a few more times, and made a couple of changes to make it a bit healthier. first i use the light kielbasa, and instead of oil or butter i use 1/3 cup of water. i actually like it better this way. it is a lot less greasy. btw left overs are great with eggs in a breakfast casserole with a little cheese on top!
This simple, quick recipe exceeds expectations. I took a hint from the previous reviewer and added a sliced green pepper, half a sliced onion and 3 crushed garlic cloves. I drizzled some olive oil in the pan and then over the ingredients before baking. It took 5 minutes to prepare and was fantastic. I will be making this often.
Very good! Only problem I had was that it stuck to my pyrex. I did remove the foil for the last 10 min. Will add some garlic cloves next time to roast along with it. Thanks for posting!