Recipe by Sharlene~W
This just sounded too good. I found it in O magazine.
Top Review by Carianne
This was an unusual addition to the Christmas buffet. YUMMY! I roasted the potatoes an extra 8 minutes, and they came out perfectly. And after we gobbled it all up, I realized I forgot to add the capers at the end!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste (divided)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (divided)
- 3 medium yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and sliced 1/4 inch thick (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons capers
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Wash the shrimp and pat them dry with paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Toss together and refrigerate.
- Rub a 9-inch baking dish with olive oil.
- Place the potato slices, slightly overlapping, in the pan.
- Drizzle them with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Roast the potatoes in the oven for about 15 minutes, until golden and just tender.
- Remove potatoes from the oven, top with the shrimp and the marinade, and return to the oven.
- Cook an additional 10 minutes, until the shrimp is opaque and slightly roasted looking.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the capers.
- Serve at once with a green salad.