1 hr 20 mins
I fell in love with this soup the first time we went to eat at Rockfish Restaurant, and had to have the recipe. I found this on recipelink. Warning, this soup is highly addictive. :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups yellow onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, fresh, pureed
- 3 quarts heavy cream
- 2 quarts water
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken base (bouillon, bouillon may vary you may need less to watch the salt)
- 3 ounces fresh jalapenos, well roasted or pureed
- 4 ounces fresh cilantro (pureed)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cornstarch (completely dissolved water)
- 1 cup water, cold mixed with corn starch
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 1TO ROAST JALAPENOS:Place on cookie sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and place under broiler, turning so all sides are blistered and black. Remove from oven and place in paper bag or wrap in dish towel for 10 minutes, This will "sweat" the skin, so it is easily removed. Once skin is removed, rinse under cold water, then remove stems and open on remove seeds and white membrane. Removing the seeds and membrane from the peppers cuts the "heat" in the soup *Important Note: Wear rubber gloves when handling the peppers and do not touch eyes or face. When you are finished with peppers, wash hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- 2In a med/hot stock pot saute garlic and onions until translucent.
- 3Combine all ingredients except salt/pepper and cornstarch mixture.
- 4Simmer 20 minutes.
- 5Slowly whisk in cornstarch mixture until desired thickness. You may not need all of it.
- 6Add salt/pepper to taste.
- 7Simmer 3 more minutes remove from heat.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Jalapeno Soup (Rockfish Restaurant Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 917.4
- Calories from Fat 820
- Total Fat 91.2 g
- Saturated Fat 56.6 g
- Cholesterol 333.6 mg
- Sodium 150.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 6.1 g