Recipe by gailanng
See Roasted Peppers: How to Roast a Pepper on a Gas Range to roast the jalapeno on a gas range. I've seen oven roasted recipes all over the internet. Two cooking methods provided: oven and grilling.
Top Review by dz in Packerland
Great recipe! I roasted the jalapenos on my electric stove, just set them on the coil and turned them until they were charred. Wonderful way to use the jalapenos out of my garden! Being from Wisconsin what's better than chicken, bacon and CHEESE!
- 2 whole jalapenos, roasted, skinless, cut in half and deseeded
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless (about 4 ounces each)
- garlic salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 4 ounces colby cheese or 4 ounces monterey jack cheese or 4 ounces gouda cheese, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten chicken breasts to approx 1/4" thickness. Season both sides of chicken with garlic salt and pepper.
- Divide and place sliced smoked jalapenos on each breast with cheese. Fold over the chicken and secure with a tooth pick or two. Then wrap each chicken breast with bacon.
- Brown rolls over medium heat until bacon just begins to crisp. Place on a baking sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Grilling Method: Skip step #3. Grill on all sides until chicken and bacon are cooked through, being careful because the cheese will melt and seep out. Watch for flare ups from bacon fat.