Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use in place of normal mayo if you want that extra zing on your burger. This is VERY flavorful and stands up well with any sandwich, really. You can substitute from-the-jar roasted chipotle peppers.
- 2 fresh whole jalapenos
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise (the real deal, no Miracle Whip)
- Roast the jalapeños until skin turns black all around.
- Place jalapeños in a bag and let steam for 10 minutes, or until cool to the touch.
- Under cold water, peel the skin from the jalapeños and remove the stems.
- Split the jalapeños with a paring knife and scrape out the seeds and pith.
- Set aside.
- Using a mortar or food processor, crush garlic until it forms into a paste.
- Add jalapeños and grind/process again until liquefied.
- Add mayo and salt and mix a final time.
- Enjoy on burgers or sandwiches or get creative!
- I've added 2 tsp of sugar to this on occasion to give it an extra dimension of flavor. Your choice!