1/5 Photos of Roasted Italian Sausage and Potatoes With Mushrooms and Peppers
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is loosely adapted from Judith M. Fertig's recipe in Prairie Home Cooking. The original did not have any cheese or herbs. Either sweet or hot sausages will do; I've also made it with bratwurst. This is a very easy dinner, very nice for cold weather.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh savory, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more if needed
- 4 medium potatoes, quartered
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 2 large bell peppers, cut into eighths
- 2 large yellow onions, cut into eighths
- 1 lb mushroom
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Combine herbs, olive oil, salt,pepper and potatoes and toss to mix.
- 3Place sausages and potatoes in large baking or roasting pan.
- 4Roast at 400° for 30 minutes, or until just beginning to brown, turning several times.
- 5Add a little more oil if the potatoes appear to be drying out.
- 6Add remaining vegetables and roast 45 minutes more, turning occasionally, until potatoes are brown on the outside and tender on the inside.
- 7Sprinkle with mozzarella and return to oven just until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Italian Sausage and Potatoes With Mushrooms and Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (630 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 656.8
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 1394.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 31.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: