Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Prep Time includes 1hr marinating time. Notes & tips: Serve with rice and Asian greens. Crispy ribs Place ribs on a lightly-greased wire rack in a baking dish lined with baking paper. This allows excess fat to drain onto the paper during roasting.
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon English mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 kg lamb ribs or 1 1⁄4 kg barbecued pork ribs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220°C Combine garlic, barbecue sauce, soy sauce, tomato paste, mustard, honey and sugar in a large ceramic bowl. Add ribs and turn to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate, if time permits.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Remove ribs from marinade. Cook, in batches, for 3 minutes each side or until seared. Remove to a wire rack in a baking dish (see note). Roast for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine 2 tablespoons lemon juice, pepper and 1 tablespoon cold water in a bowl. Spoon over ribs. Serve.