Recipe by Nana Lee
The original recipe calls for Promise Buttery Spread, but you can use butter or spread of your choice. Please see NOTE regarding herbs and pasta.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh herbs
- 6 cups assorted sliced vegetables (onion, red or green bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash or eggplant)
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta or 8 ounces penne or 8 ounces ziti pasta, cooked and drained
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Herbs - use any 2 Tbs of finely chopped fresh basil, parsley and/or thyme OR 2 tsp dried basil, parsley and/or thyme leaves, crushed.
- Pasta: these are just suggestions.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In small bowl, blend 1/4 cup butter with herbs; reserve.
- Toss vegetables with remaining butter.
- In bottom of broiler pan, without rack, arrange vegetables.
- Roast, stirring once, 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Toss vegetables with hot pasta and reserved spread mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle, if desired, with grated Parmesan cheese.