1/1 Photo of Roasted, Herbed Baby Chickens
1 hr 5 mins
TOOLBELT DIVA's Note:
Small birds, such a baby chickens, or cornish hens can be served one per person. Poulty lovers will delight in this very simple recipe. Ideal for the working family with little time for meal preparation. Serve with (wild) rice pilaf or roasted parisienne potatoes, steamed baby green beans,or steamed snow peas. Accompanied by chilled Chardonnay, your taste buds will thank you, and your dinner guests will think you are a genius. One of my favourite series of cook booklets (Classic Essential Roasts) available in Sydney, Australia, London, Vancouver and New York. produced by the Hawthorne Press.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix 4-1/2 oz butter with the herbs, spring onion lemon rind, 3/4 lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200C).
- 3Using your poultry shears, cut down either side of the backbone.
- 4Discard the backbone and gently flatten the chickens.
- 5Lift the skin from the breastbone and the legs.
- 6Gently push the butter between the skin and flesh.
- 7Tuck the wings and neck inward.
- 8Lay the chickens on a rack in a shallow baking dish.
- 9Brush with the remaining butter and juice mixture.
- 10Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the juices run clear.
- 11Remove from oven when done, and set aside for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted, Herbed Baby Chickens
Serving Size: 1 (471 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1453.4
- Calories from Fat 1174
- Total Fat 130.5 g
- Saturated Fat 37.8 g
- Cholesterol 358.6 mg
- Sodium 583.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 64.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: