Recipe by Bev
A delicious side from the Thanksgiving edition, 1999, Bon Appetit
Top Review by sugarpea
I wasn't prepared for how outstanding this recipe is - roasted potatoes - yawn. These are WONDERFUL! Crispy/chewey outside, beautifully creamy inside, with that sweet tang of balsamic and a divine combination of herbs. THIS is a keeper.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white balsamic vinegar or 1⁄2 cup regular balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 5 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 5 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, chopped
- 3 lbs medium-size red potatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 3 lbs medium-size yukon gold potatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- fresh thyme sprig
- rosemary sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Oil 2 large baking sheets.
- Whisk first 6 ingredients in large bowl to blend.
- Add potatoes.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to prepared sheets, spreading in single layer.
- Reserve oil mixture in bowl.
- Roast potatoes until tender and golden, stirring and turning potatoes occasionally, about 1 hour.
- Return potatoes to reserved oil mixture in bowl; toss.
- (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Transfer potatoes to baking sheet; rewarm in 400°F oven about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.) Transfer to bowl.
- Garnish with herb sprigs.