Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Roasting heirloom tomatoes in balsamic vinegar adds extra sweetness.
- 5 large heirloom tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Spread the tomatoes evenly on a sheet pan. Drizzle balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and dried basil.
- Roast the tomatoes at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Then cool.
- To assemble the salad. Place 3 slices of tomato on a plate. Top each with 1 slice of mozzarella and each with a basil leaf. Drizzle the reduced balsamic vinegar from the sheet pan, olive oil, salt and pepper.