Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Food Network
Make and share this Roasted Halibut With Grapefruit Fennel Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 2 ruby red grapefruits (about 1 cup segments)
- 1⁄4 cup grapefruit juice
- 1 teaspoon grapefruit zest
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons nicoise olives, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 (6 ounce) halibut
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In small bowl combine the grapefruit segments, juice, and zest. Halve the fennel bulb lengthwise, thinly slice and add to the bowl. Add the olive oil, olives, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, place the fish on a parchment-lined roasting dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper and bake for 10 to 12 minutes depending on thickness.
- Gently transfer the fish to a serving plate. Top with the grapefruit and fennel salsa and serve immediately.
I had some grapefruit juice to use up, and decided to try this recipe. We liked it! I used 1.5 lbs. of tilapia instead of halibut because that is what I had on hand. I had to look for the fennel bulb, and found it in my local fruit and vegetable store. I cooked the fish on a foil-lined cookie sheet, with just a little of the oil and grapefruit juice mix on top. The grapefruit juice seemed a little tart, but maybe it was the juice I used. I will make this again, and maybe try adding a little orange juice to sweeten it. Thanks for this one, Swirlycinnacakes