This salsa will keep, covered and refrigerated, about 5 to 6 weeks, mainly because no mold or bacteria would dare to come near the stuff.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine tablespoon of olive oil and garlic and mix well.
- 2Rub tomato halves with this mixture, sprinkle with salt and freshly cracked pepper and roast in 500-degree oven until they begin to take o some serious color, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 3Remove from oven, cool to room temperature and dice.
- 4Meanwhile, grill habanero peppers over a medium-hot fire until slightly colored, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5Remove peppers from fire and mince.
- 6Be very careful when working with this pepper.
- 7Wear gloves when mincing it, and if you get any of the juice on your skin, wash it off with a mild bleach solution, which neutralizes the capsaicin.
- 8Also, be sure not to rub your eyes while working with these peppers, and wash your hands well after you're done.
- 9These little guys are incendiary.
- 10In medium-size bowl, combine tomatoes, peppers, 1/4 cup olive oil, lime juice and cilantro, mix well, and prepare for takeoff.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Habanero Salsa from Hell
Serving Size: 1 (966 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.7
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 32.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 6.2 g