Recipe by Chocolatl
This is my adaptation of a recipe from Paula Easley's Warehouse Foods Cookbook. This is good as a salad or a sandwich relish. Don't substitute a red pepper for the green one; the unique flavor will be lost.
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1 small cucumber, diced (peel only if the skin is very tough)
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast pepper over an open flame or under the broiler, turning often, until skin is charred all over, about 10 minutes.
- Place in an enclosed container until skin loosens, about 15 minutes.
- Scrape away skin.
- Rinse gently.
- Remove seeds and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Cut tomatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine pepper, tomatoes and cucumber in a serving dish.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss well.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.