Recipe by CoreChick
These are wonderful, and they go fast! This is a great recipe for fresh green beans, even when the beans are out of season and might be a little tough. The natural sugar in the beans caramelizes, giving this dish lots of flavor.
Top Review by Noor.Khalid
Sorry, this didn't work for me. It may have been because I used frozen green beans, but I did make sure to thaw them thoroughly before roasting them. I followed the recipe exactly as written and the results came out dry and shriveled. Will not be making again.
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the beans, breaking off the ends. Leave them long, don't break down into smaller pieces.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place beans on foil, sprinkle with garlic then drizzle with oil. Toss the beans until they are coated with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, you can also add a little red pepper if you want to add heat.
- Bake for 20 minutes, shaking the sheet a couple of times during baking to flip the beans. Beans will shrink slightly and look wrinkled, with dark spots. This is how they should look!
- Serve hot, as a side dish or snack.