Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple, flavourful dish with multiple layers of taste complexity. Try different flavoured oils
Make and share this Roasted Green Beans With Shallots & Asiago Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 226.79 g green beans, stem ends snapped off
- 1 shallot, diced small
- 7.39 ml oil
- 0.59-1.23 ml flavored oil, truffle, chipotle, etc
- 14.79 ml grated asiago cheese
- sea salt
- black pepper, ground
- Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 450 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; spread beans on baking sheet. Drizzle with oil; using hands, toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, toss to coat, and distribute in even layer. Roast 10 minutes.
- While beans are roasting, saute shallots in 1/2 t oil until clear. About 5 minute.
- Remove baking sheet from oven. Using tongs, redistribute beans. Continue roasting until beans are dark golden brown in spots and have started to shrivel, 10 to 12 minutes longer. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, transfer to serving bowl, add sauted shallots & Asiago cheese. Mix well & serve.
Oooh! We LOVED this dish! So simple, yet so full of flavors. I didn't have a special flavored oil except sesame or chili so I used sesame but will get right to making some homemade infused oils to use in the future. I think I should have used my lower oven for this recipe, as the beans got dark fast in the smaller, upper oven. Or, reduced the time they were in. But even dark, they were delicious! Thanks, tony for sharing a new way to enjoy green beans (even my toddler at them!). Made & enjoyed for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef. You've been adopted! :) http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0