Prep 20 mins
Cook 33 mins
I love roasting green beans because they get a rich, carmelized flavor and also keep their color and crunch
- 1 lb green beans (frozen or fresh, ends trimmed)
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 large onion, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1⁄2 cup shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss vegetables with dressing in large roasting pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring after 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake an additional 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This was DELICIOUS!! Followed Boomette's suggestion, and used a mix of olive oil and balsamic vinegar as I didn't have the real thing! Also, didn't have bell peppers, so used zucchinis instead - not as colourful but just as tasty! Thanks Lainey! :)
Very very good and so simple to make! I needed to add this, I hope Lainey doesn'y mind... I used the left over and tossed them with some pasta. Made another good meal!!
Very nice. I liked the visual of this dish with the contrasts between the peppers and the green beans. I would be happy with this dish with or without the cheese.