Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Kick up your frozen green beans with some lime juice. These go great with pork or any other tuscan style dish. I recently made this with frozen Italian green beans and it turned out wonderfully.
- 1 lb green beans (Fresh or Frozen any style)
- 3 tablespoons butter (Reduce or substitute if you like)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon lime juice (Minimum 1tbsp, this is a key ingredient)
- Heat oven to 380°F.
- Prepare and grease a baking pan.
- Melt Butter and combine butter with olive oil and dry ingredients. Toss the green beans in this mixture until evenly coated.
- Pour coated green beans into greased pan and spread out evenly. A glass baking dish works well here.
- Cook this for approximately 35 minutes or until the green beans on the top begin to lightly brown on the tips.
- You may also broil these at the end to help brown and crisp your beans.
I brought back some fresh Limes from Souther California and was looking for recipies to use them in. This one was perfect. Very zippy Green Beans.
Wow is this good!! I used frozen whole green beans. Thanks for the recipe. Colorado Lauralee
These were amazing! I am calling them my "Margarita Green Beans". LOL! The lime and the salt make it taste a little along that line. I had to broil mine for a couple of minutes at the end of the 25 minutes until they got a little browned. We kept going back and nibbling on them until they were all gone. Thanks for a new way to eat green beans! YUM!