Recipe by joshuainboden
Kick up your frozen green beans with some lime juice. These go great with pork or any other tuscan style dish. I recently made this with frozen Italian green beans and it turned out wonderfully.
- 1 lb green beans (Fresh or Frozen any style)
- 3 tablespoons butter (Reduce or substitute if you like)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon lime juice (Minimum 1tbsp, this is a key ingredient)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 380°F.
- Prepare and grease a baking pan.
- Melt Butter and combine butter with olive oil and dry ingredients. Toss the green beans in this mixture until evenly coated.
- Pour coated green beans into greased pan and spread out evenly. A glass baking dish works well here.
- Cook this for approximately 35 minutes or until the green beans on the top begin to lightly brown on the tips.
- You may also broil these at the end to help brown and crisp your beans.