1/1 Photo of Roasted Green Beans With Lemon, Pine Nuts & Parmigiano
Dona England's Note:
From Fine Cooking magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs fresh green beans, rinsed well, stem ends trimmed
- 1 small head of garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Position oven racks in the top and bottom third of the oven.
- 2Heat oven to 450°F.
- 3Put the beans in a large bowl.
- 4Peel the garlic, quarter each clove lengthwise and add them to the green beans.
- 5Toss the beans and garlic with 1/4 cup of the olive oil, 1 Tbs lemon zest, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- 6Spread the beans on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in the top third of the oven for 10 minutes. Stir the beans and garlic with a spatula for more even cooking and coloring.
- 7Continue roasting until the beans and garlic pieces are lightly browned and tender throughout, another 10 - 15 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, spread the pine nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in the bottom third of the oven until just golden, about 5 minutes.
- 9Transfer the beans to a small serving platter or shallow bowl and dress with the lemon juice and the remaining 2 T. olive oil.
- 10Toss gently to coat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 11Sprinkle on the toasted pine nuts, remaining 1/2 Tbs lemon zest, the parmesan cheese and the parsley.
- 12Serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Green Beans With Lemon, Pine Nuts & Parmigiano
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.8
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 70.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 4.5 g