From Fine Cooking magazine.
Make and share this Roasted Green Beans With Lemon, Pine Nuts & Parmigiano recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs fresh green beans, rinsed well, stem ends trimmed
- 1 small head of garlic
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Position oven racks in the top and bottom third of the oven.
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Put the beans in a large bowl.
- Peel the garlic, quarter each clove lengthwise and add them to the green beans.
- Toss the beans and garlic with 1/4 cup of the olive oil, 1 Tbs lemon zest, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Spread the beans on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in the top third of the oven for 10 minutes. Stir the beans and garlic with a spatula for more even cooking and coloring.
- Continue roasting until the beans and garlic pieces are lightly browned and tender throughout, another 10 - 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread the pine nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in the bottom third of the oven until just golden, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the beans to a small serving platter or shallow bowl and dress with the lemon juice and the remaining 2 T. olive oil.
- Toss gently to coat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle on the toasted pine nuts, remaining 1/2 Tbs lemon zest, the parmesan cheese and the parsley.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Huge hit with the family! Ive done this recipe a few times but used a little less olive oil the full amount made it a touch greasy.