Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love this!
- 1 lb green beans, washed, trimmed, patted dry
- 10 garlic cloves, unpeeled and cut in half lengthwise (the peel will slip off later)
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush a large baking pan with olive oil.
- Place beans, garlic, and onion on pan.
- Sprinkle with olive oil and salt, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from oven.
- Drizzle with vinegar and sprinkle with black pepper.
Absolutely Excellent! I cooked mine a LOT longer - approximately 1 hour - to get a really good roasting flavor.
I have been making this same recipe--from a Moosewood cookbook and it is awesome. Like the other reviewer, I cook it about an hour to really get the onions caramelized. I also like to add more onions (but my husband doesn't agree). A really easy, yummy way to good green beans.
Great green bean recipe! I cooked mine a lot longer. Much better than mushy meat flavored beans!