Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
This is an easy and flavorful way to prepare green beans. Roasting is a method I use often when cooking green beans, as the beans turn out tender with crisp, browned edges. The crispy, caramelized shallots and savory seasonings further accentuate the flavor of this dish.
Top Review by HollyRoger
This was delicious! I threw in a leek with the shallots, and added red pepper flakes to please my "this needs a kick" boyfriend. Will definitely be making this again. Thanks for the easy, yummy recipe!
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup shallot, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning, dried (or 1/4 tsp. each of dried oregano, basil, marjoram & crushed rosemary)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place all ingredients in a 9" x 13" baking pan (or on a cookie/baking sheet) and toss until green beans are thoroughly coated with oil and spices.
- Roast for 30 minutes, tossing at 15 minutes with a spatula, or until green beans are tender and beginning to brown around the edges. Some shallots near the top will become crisp, while the ones near the bottom of the pan will caramelize.