Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Excellent companion for any main dish. Roasted Green Beans and Baby Red Potatoes are light, quick, and loaded with flavor. Try them as a side for Thanksgiving or other holiday meal or in summer when they are in season.
- 1 lb green beans, fresh and whole
- 1 lb baby red potato, fresh and whole
- coarse salt
- cooking spray, olive oil flavored
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Thoroughly wash the whole green beans and cut off the stems. Lay whole green beans on paper towels to dry.
- Thoroughly wash, do not peel, the baby red potatoes using a brush to scrub the eyes. If the potatoes are golf ball size or larger, cut them in half. Lay whole baby red potatoes on paper towels to dry.
- Gently spray 2 large flat baking pans with olive oil flavored cooking spray. (I use 9"X13" metal or glass pans).
- Lay the green beans in one pan. It's best if they all lay flat on the bottom of the pan.
- Lay the potatoes in the other pan, laying flat, not piled up on top of each other.
- Generously spray both pans of veggies with olive oil flavored (or butter flavored) cooking spray.
- Place the pans in the oven on the rack above center, but not on the top rack.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until roasted, slightly brown, and fork tender.
- If baked for 25 minutes and the vegetables are not as brown as desired, broil for two or three minutes, watching closely.
- Remove from oven, pour potatoes over the green beans, sprinkle with coarse ground salt, toss gently, and serve immediately.
I love the simplicity of this recipe! I try to keep everything on one pan (because I hate washing dishes LOL) and I add a little black pepper, garlic powder and some dried parsley to kick it up an extra notch. Thanks Stoblogger!