Recipe by the accidental glutton
These have a secret ingredient that makes them especially delicious! If you have picky eaters, be sure they don't see the recipe first!
Top Review by KLBoyle
Wow! These are so good! I made these for Thanksgiving and they were a perfect addition. The acid in the lemon juice was a welcome compliment to all of the other rich foods; the stuffing, potatoes and gravy and the yams. It acted as essentially a palate cleanser. Not to mention they are absolutely delicious! I will be making these often as well as becoming a staple at our Thanksgiving table :)
- 1 lb fresh green beans, tipped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs, halved
- 3 anchovy fillets, mashed
- 2 -3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest of
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large baking dish, toss the green beans with the olive oil, garlic & thyme sprigs.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Spread the green beans in a single layer & roast for about 15 minutes, tossing occasionally, until tender and lightly browned.
- Discard the thyme sprigs & transfer the green beans to a bowl.
- Add the anchovies, lemon juice & lemon zest.
- Toss well to coat.