Recipe by Elizabeth H.
A delicious new treatment for your garden produce! Your family will love these flavorful beans. High altitude tested.
Top Review by Bill Hilbrich
A very interesting idea, especially if you are also using the oven for another dish that cooks at the same temperature. If you pre-bake a potato in the microwave on high for 4 minutes ( don't forget to punch a few holes in it ) the potato can be placed in the oven next to the beans and it will be done in the same amount of cooking time.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- Wash green beans thoroughly.
- Snap off ends and discard.
- Cut beans into 1 1/2" long pieces.
- Place beans in 1-quart baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, onion powder, and bacon.
- Pour broth over all.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes, or until beans are tender and liquid is completely evaporated.
- Check the dish once or twice during cooking to make sure that you don't need to add a bit more broth as the beans roast.