Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious new treatment for your garden produce! Your family will love these flavorful beans. High altitude tested.
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- Wash green beans thoroughly.
- Snap off ends and discard.
- Cut beans into 1 1/2" long pieces.
- Place beans in 1-quart baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, onion powder, and bacon.
- Pour broth over all.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes, or until beans are tender and liquid is completely evaporated.
- Check the dish once or twice during cooking to make sure that you don't need to add a bit more broth as the beans roast.
A very interesting idea, especially if you are also using the oven for another dish that cooks at the same temperature. If you pre-bake a potato in the microwave on high for 4 minutes ( don't forget to punch a few holes in it ) the potato can be placed in the oven next to the beans and it will be done in the same amount of cooking time.
I had never cooked fresh green beans before this so I was nervous about making it. It was delicious! My SO inhaled them! He said that anything with bacon is good in his book. LOL. But the flavors work really well together and they're not overpowering. I made a double batch and had to cook them for about 10 minutes longer but they turned out fantastic! I will definitely make this again!
My DH was just diagnosed with Diabetes and was told he had to eat more vegetables. He actually ate 4-ounces of green beans which have never before touched his lips. This recipe was very tasty! I had to use reduced-fat beef broth instead. Thanks for posting!