Recipe by luvcook'n
These potatoes are just like the ones at our favourite Greek restaurant...Paros Taverna. They are lemony with just the right balance of garlic and oregano. I never weigh the potatoes...and I always double the liquid mixture....as we like lots of the reduction. I have reduced the salt to 1 tsp as the lemon/garlic/herb takes care of most of the flavour. And most of us don't need that much salt. The roasting time is appoximate as to the size of the potatoes.
Top Review by mcnerfamily_11576063
Our family's favorite potato recipe. I always double everything except the amount of potatoes and then after the potatoes are done, I reduce the liquid and pour it back over the potatoes. We even love the leftover potatoes the next day.
- 4 lbs potatoes, medium, whole
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine water, lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt, oregano and pepper in bowl.
- Peel potatoes and leave whole.
- Place potatoes in baking dish and pour liquid over all.
- Bake for 30 minutes and turn potatoes over.
- Repeat this procedure until potatoes are cooked and the liquid has reduced.
- Serve potatoes with a spoonful of the reduction.