Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
I can't remember where I found this recipe... pretty sure it was from a magazine though. The grapes are great served warm, but if not possible to serve warm, they can be prepared ahead of time and served at either room temp or chilled. Great party food!
- 3 cups seedless grapes (about 1 lb. of red and green)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons shallots, finely grated (this will be a paste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- drizzle olive oil
- asiago cheese, Parmesan or pecorino cheese
- 30 slices baguette, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a shallow-edged baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cut grapes in ½ lengthwise. Put into a bowl and mix the rest of the ingredients, except cheese and baguette. Let stand 5 minutes to allow the flavours to blend. Spread the grapes in the lined pan, pouring juices from bowl over top.
- Roast for about 40 minutes, stirring ½ way through. A little scorching is fine, but watch carefully that the grapes aren’t getting burnt.
- Remove from oven and cool to warm. Spoon onto baguettes slices or crackers. Top each with a thin shard of cheese. If you serve the grape spread warm, the cheese will melt slightly.