Recipe by Tracy K
These tiny tomatoes give a burst of concentrated tomato flavor to just about anything... pizza, salads, pasta sauces, as an accompaniment to roasted meat or fish, or just plain, hot out of the oven... I can eat them like popcorn! I especially like them atop a salad of spring greens with warmed goat cheese... Divine! And since these little tomatoes are available year round, it's a great way to enjoy tomatoes even in the winter.
Top Review by yogi
I agree, these have a GREAT flavor. I top crakers with these and a little parmesan and heat. I made them with cherry tomatoes arranged on a baking sheet, then sprinkled them with sea salt, garlic, and a little sugar.
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (I like to use both red and yellow tomatoes, you can also use cherry tomatoes)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 1 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 250-275.
- Toss all ingredients in bowl, stirring to coat.
- Line baking sheet with parchment or foil.
- Spread tomatoes in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately one hour, or until skins have shriveled slightly and juices are caramelized.