Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my favorites....it is so delicious!!!!!
- 3 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 lb thin spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup shredded asiago cheese (you can use more if you like- I do)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- toasted pine nuts, for top
- chopped flat leaf parsley (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the tomatoes with the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic & salt & pepper.
- Spread tomatoes on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Roast tomatoes for 20 to 30 minutes or until shriveled and lightly browned. Scrape tomatoes and juices into a large bowl. Add the spinach.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to directions.
- Toss pasta with the spinach & roasted tomatoes, asiago and basil.
- Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and flat leaf parsley.
- Serve with additional cheese on the side.
- You could also add roasted chicken, sausages or fish.
- You could also use cherry tomatoes in place of the grape tomatoes and flat leaf parsley in place of the basil.
Yummy! I forgot to buy the spinach, and added parsley and basil instead. I added about a whole cup of cheese all at once before tossing, and next time I'll add it in dashes, because it clumped up a bit. I also added extra EVOO and Balsamic just before I took the tomatoes out. The overall flavor was wonderful, very delicous. Can't wait to try it again with the spinach!
This was a good summer meal. I didn't use the basil, as I just don't care for it, and in place of the pine nuts, I used sunflower seeds. The tomatoes had a lovely flavor I really enjoyed and I'm not a huge tomato fan. I think you could easily use any other pasta also.