Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a simple way to feed a crowd a beautiful side dish. Preparation is a no-brainer and you'll get a LOT of compliments on this one. Enjoy!
- 2 small yellow squash, ends trimmed, unpeeled
- 2 medium zucchini, ends trimmed, unpeeled
- 453.59 g fresh mushrooms, medium-sized
- 3 large bell peppers, de-seeded (any color)
- 12 large carrots, peeled and cut into 2 pieces
- 4 large onions, peeled and quartered
- 8 small red potatoes, unpeeled, halved
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, garlic and herb-type
- Cut the vegetables into large chunks (2") and place into a very large mixing bowl.
- Pour the olive oil, and then the herb seasoning over the vegetables and use your hands to coat them all over.
- Pour the vegetables on to a large baking sheet (I use an aluminum half-sheet) and cover with aluminum foil. Bake in a pre-heated 375-degree F. oven for 90 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and BROIL on high (middle rack) for about 12 minutes, just until you get some brown tips.
This is a great recipe for a gathering. Although I left out the mushrooms and potatoes, I still needed to use two large baking sheets to accommodate all the vegetables. Even though the veggies were coated with olive oil, they ended up steaming from the aluminum foil trapping their moisture. In the future, I will roast them uncovered the entire time because I prefer my vegetables to be more caramelized. Thank you, Pat, for Roasted Gourmet Vegetables, a recipe which provides an easy method for pleasing a lot of hungry folks.