4 hrs 35 mins
Stacey Sweet's Note:
This year for Christmas my neighbor was kind enough to give me a copy of his mother's game recipes. She was a 3rd generation Newfoundlander and one heck of a cook! I remember her serving this roast on one of her visits. It is a wonderful roast and leftovers make great soup! Stacey
My Private Note
10lb go ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1soak chopped apples in 4 Tbsp of dark rum for 4 hours.
- 2preheat oven to 350 F.
- 3place goose on a rack in a rosting pan.
- 4mix together the apples, sage, mace and breadcrumbs.
- 5season to taste with salt and pepper and spoon inside the goose cavity.
- 6combine the salt and pepper and rub all over the outside of the goose.
- 7prick the entire goose with a fork.
- 8cover the breast with a piece of greased aluminium foil.
- 9roast goose for 30 minutes at 350 F.
- 10remove from oven, skim off excess fat.
- 11pour stock all over the goose.
- 12re-cover goose with greased aluminium foil and roast for 2 1/2 hours.
- 13remove foil and cook for 1 hour so the breast crips and browns.
- 14place goose on a warmed serving dish skim off excess fat from roasting pan.
- 15reduce pan juices rapidly, to make a thickened gravy.
Browse Our Top Goose Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Goose With Apple Rum Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1318.9
- Calories from Fat 648
- Total Fat 72.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 285.1 mg
- Sodium 1073.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 26.6 g
- Protein 87.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: