This is a wonderful way to cook your fresh zucchini, but you could throw in other veggies as well, such as eggplant, asparagus, tomatoes, etc. - with garlic, herbs, and breadcrumbs. Be careful not to add any other herbs or more than what is called for, so that the zucchini taste is not overwhelmed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pepper, red, stemmed, seeded, quartered
- 4 zucchini, cut lengthwise into thin slices (can be yellow or green)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (Extra-virgin)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided (extra virgin)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oregano, fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to broil. Arrange vegetables on baking sheet. Brush with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put in oven, until softened and slightly browned, moving occasionally for even cooking, about 5-10 minutes. Keep an eye on it as it cooks very fast! Removed from oven and cover with foil while preparing the rest of the dish.
- 2Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, onion and crushed red pepper; stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add breadcrumbs; stir until golden, about 3 minutes. Throw in rosemary. Season breadcrumb to taste with salt; scrape into bowl.
- 3Place vinegar in another small bowl; whisk in 3 tablespoons oil. Mix in parsley and oregano. Season to taste with salt.
- 4Arrange vegetables on platter. Spoon herb dressing over; sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Bake in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes or until breadcrumb topping is slightly crispy.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Golden Zucchini With Breadcrumbs
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.2
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 289.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar