Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Rich and buttery. Savory and tart. An interesting side dish that combines sweet potatoes, apples and a little pumpkin pie.
- 2 1⁄4 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 apples, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks (Braeburn, Gala or Granny Smith)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. On a baking sheet with sides, toss sweet potatoes and apples with oil, salt and pepper. Spread out into single layer.
- Roast 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, stir together butter, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spices. Spoon over potato mixture and toss to coat. Continue baking for 10 minutes or until sugar has melted.
These were excellent! So easy and my daughter and I loved them. Thanks for posting.