1/1 Photo of Roasted Gazpacho
A roasted version of the cold Spanish soup. Time does not include chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 2 small eggplants or 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4 small zucchini or 2 medium zucchini, but into large chunks
- 2 medium onions, cut into large chunks
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup sherry wine vinegar
- ground black pepper
- 4 cups water
- 4 slices stale bread, crusts removed and torn up
- crouton (to garnish) (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F Combine the tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, onions, garlic, and olive oil in a large roasting pan and roast, stirring occasionally, until the eggplant is tender, about 30 minutes.
- 2Put the mixture into a bowl and add the vinegar, salt, pepper, water, and bread. Refrigerate and allow to cool for several hours or overnight.
- 3Pour the mixture into a food processor or blender. You can put it through a food mill or strainer to remove any remaining solids.
- 4Check seasoning, garnish and serve.
Browse Our Top Spanish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Gazpacho
Serving Size: 1 (577 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.4
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 134.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar